Music Banter - View Single Post - Enslaved
Thread: Enslaved
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

Default Enslaved

Well, Black metal doesn't have much of a following here...Might as well try and open a thread on it. And no other better way to do it than Enslaved.
Progressive Black Metal would be a good description of their music. Most of their stuff are well produced and nothing like the traditional rawer black metal. Their 90s material are more black/viking metallish than progressive(but still well produced). It's harder to get into, but awesome once you get on with it. Their more recent material are a lot more progressive with a LOT of Pink Floyd influences. I'll start with the progressive stuff, and if you do like it, you can move on to their earlier material.

Below the Lights and Isa would be a perfect starting point. Vertebrae(their latest release) is quite good as well and by far their most Pink Floydish. Below the Lights is my favorite though. Just a few of their tracks-

The Dead Stare
Ground(from Vertebrae which released a few weeks back)
Havenless
Bounded by Allegiance(from Isa)
Lunar Force(from Isa)
Ruun(from Ruun)

The only thing that needs getting used to here are the Harsh vocals, but that's a prerequisite for most black/extreme metal anyways. I'll post a compilation if there is more interest.

MySpace.com - Enslaved - Bergen, NO - Metal / Progressive / Experimental - www.myspace.com/enslaved

Last edited by Demonoid; 10-12-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote