Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:26 AM   #1248 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Stengel View Post
Thank you. I used to think like that in like 9th grade, but then it hit me-would it make any sense at all if something like music, that's been expressing the human spirit better than anything else for thousands of years suddenly ended after (insert last great record someone has in their collection and assumes everything after blew)? It doesnt make sense, music will always be great, and it will always be presented in different ways, and thank CHRIST I figured that out, or Id be stuck with DSOTM on repeat for the rest of my life like all the classic rock bores.

Folly of youth, I guess; until a few years ago, I was also convinced that no one had made anything good since the 60's. Then I heard the Sex Pistols and The Clash and revised that opinion to read "no one's done anything good since the 70's." Then I heard Echo & The Bunnymen and realized that I'd spent the past eighteen years being an ignorant wanker and that I shuold just shut the fuck up and spend time trying to find decent music instead of whining about how there haven't been any good bands since Keith Moon died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

10 : Politicians Who Use Music To Show How 'Down With the Kids' They Are
You forgot to mention the worst travesty of all; Ronald Reagan appropriating Born In The USA as some sort of patriotic anthem. Jesus, people really don't listen to the lyrics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

9 : Special Editions Of Albums That Are Released Just A Few Months After the Original Album

Thank you! I refused to buy the "American Land" edition of The Seeger Sessions after I'd gone to the store three months earlier and paid full price for the normal album. What happened to taking care of your fans, Bruce?