Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Musicbanter Guide To British Slang.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Default The Official Musicbanter Guide To British Slang.

I searched and found a slightly related thread but as it was three years old, I thought I would start afresh.

British people use slang. It is mainly, complete and utter laziness on our part. A means of making a longer sentence shorter and to the point. It is also a marker for the many dialects within Britain and their many choices of words for the same things E.G chewing gum can also be chuddy.

I, myself have used slang on a few occasions completely oblivious to the fact that this site is predominantly North American and therefore it looks like I am speaking in riddles. Or In English: talking a load of old bollocks.

So as half of the moderators are British (it's only a matter of time until we have you all), you may be nonplussed when we all start chewing the fat (Chat).

Post anything in here that you are not familiar with and we will interpret it for you

BTW using slang is atrocious and lazy on a forum, so please accept my apologies.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote