Music Banter - View Single Post - The Debates
Thread: The Debates
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #170 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCal View Post
And about my 'bilge' ~ if anyone would have taken the time to actually DISCUSS any of these issues, some of us might have changed our minds; however, if all folks are going to do is just jump on the first statement that anyone makes and start acting all superior, well, you get a thread like this one with a couple of people trying to put their concerns out there and the rest of y'all tearing them up like a flock of angry wolves... Nothing gets discussed; no one changes their minds; and instead of helping ANYone to make an INFORMED decision, it all just denigrates into a name-calling, intelligence-insulting mire of bullspit.

If Jack had come back and said something like ~ "Yeah, what's up with Obama not producing his ID? But, hey, you've got Troopergate on the other side..." ~ then that could have been discussed.

For a moderator, Jack isn't exactly the most moderate person in the world. i mean, for REAL ~ y'all give All New Meaning to the word 'disCUSSion.'
No. This is the point. It wasn't an informed observation. It was trolling, making unjust accusations from the teats of the Conservative Bullshit Machine. You don't see us commenting on the accusations about McCain's service during Vietnam. Though they might come from far more credible sources than what you've produced (I think Rolling Stone made an article on it), it's still not relevant to the political discussion.

And there's no rule against moderators having an opinion. Ethan might go out of his way now and again to provoke argument, but I feel he was fully justified in this instance. Anything you post here which has no relevance or credible sources can be viewed as spam.