Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #1308 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I know where you live, so I know you're lying.

I haven't listened to Pittsburgh's radio in years, more or less since I got my iPod, but I had for the longest time, and it wasn't pretty. I grew up listening to WXDX and WDVE, and both just spouted derivative crap (I can't get them where I live now). The deejays are TERRIBLE (Alan Cox was the last good one, and he got fired because of some prick I know), and the closest thing we have to "alternative radio" is Bob FM (96.9). I catch myself listening to NPR on occasion over the weekends to try to pick up some jazz, but apart from that, I haven't discovered shit through our radio.
Lying???...Man you are a jackass.

I have lived here most of my life and there has always been some very good radio.

1. Bob Fm (as you mentioned, plays everything is very good, though hit or miss)

2. WDVE (Plays hard rock and classic rock. Lots of ACDC, Floyd, Hendrix, Clapton, Guns and Roses, the list goes on)

3. WQED (plays classical, which is great to listen to in mornings or nights before i go to bed)

4 WYEP (This is my favorite, as it plays almost anything. Independent and user supported, no commercials. If you are still being a prick then check what they play, they list it daily.

*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote