Music Banter - View Single Post - Oasis : Dig Out Your Soul
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark10036 View Post
my point exactly...now not only he is not the most charismatic performer in the band,now also the other members and not just Liam are writing material for the albums.Noel's reaction to this i think is singing lead to more songs then he should
I don't think Noel has had a reaction to that to be honest. They've always shared lead vocals and on the new record Noel just happens to take lead on a couple more than he has done in the past but its not just lead vocals that have been shared more in recent times, more or less every aspect of the new record has been shared amongst the band more than it ever has done before. Andy Bell has been credited with electric guitar and bass as has Gem, Andy Bell plays sitar on the album, the keyboards are a shared duty, the production and the mixing is a responsibility Noel no longer wants as much of a part in anymore....its more of a collective effort now whereas at one time Noel was in charge. But with that said Noel is still the gaffer and none of that would happen if he didnt want it and wasnt happy with things being done that way.