Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #5071 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Stengel View Post
I agree. I make comments like that from time to time, merely suggesting that pot isnt good for you, but potheads wig out. They seem to think that because it isn't as bad as booze or butts, that they should be free from criticism.

And as far as it not being as bad as cigarettes...if you smoke weed every day thats at least as bad as cigarettes...the reason why its considered not as bad is the addictive factor.
Being an avid ganja fan myself, I don't think too many potheads feel that way. I'm convinced that it's more destructive than alcohol or cigarettes, but used in moderation I think it's safer than anything else you could do. I try to be realistic about being a pothead. Yeah, I smoke weed and I enjoy it, but I don't pretend that it's good for me or any nonsense like that. And realistically, I'm gonna have to quit eventually (unless I actually make it as a musician...lol), so I don't see why I should become emotionally attached to it.

I just wish that there were more objective studies about marijuana use. Too many propaganda campaigns float around and not nearly enough people who are actually interested in the effects and consequences of marijuana use.