Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 03:41 AM   #228 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

68: Having to level up a great deal just so your party will stop being such a bunch of pussies

Don't get me wrong, I love RPG's and leveling up can be very fun and rewarding.

Just not when it takes you forever to level up just to fight that one guy. With some RPG's you're pretty much wasting a lot of time killing creatures like f*cking bats or something with very few hit points. Just so you can fight more competent baddies. It's especially fustrating when these assh*les are everywhere and you're constantly being thrown into battles you know you can't win (and the run option NEVER works, that's another thing that pisses me off about RPG's) when all you're trying to do is get to the next town, and sometimes it's nearly impossible just to do that.

But to be fair, once you get to that point and your experience points rack up, it IS very f*cking satisfying.

One thing I hate though is being required to level up not just so you can kill more powerful enemies, but when it's required to level up just to be able to do... anything. Like in some Final Fantasy games where you need a certein amount of experience points just so you can buy a certain piece of clothing or armor. That's bullsh*t.
lol from here I expect a reverse 'leveling up a bunch of pussies only to realise that the enemy goes up levels with you (thanks a lot FFVIII)'
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote