Music Banter - View Single Post - Yes- it's my list of favourite albums thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

!!!-Myth Takes (2007)

What is music and how do we interpret it? Does it need to be constantly pro-active to stimulate us and break down it's own musical barriers that it has built itself? Does it need to fulfill a basic emotional response and strip itself down to be liked? Does it need to completely disregard the asthetic that make up it's component part's I.E likeability? I become dissillusioned often with trying to justify WHY I like certain music and argueing it's merits. why can't I just play an album that appeals to my basic needs? By this I mean simple compositions that do not require a huge amount of analysis but a physical connection. Not even an emotional connection but a physical connection. A deep throbbing bassline. A primitive tribal drum beat. A simplicity that is safe yet fun.

Myth takes is just that. It's bouncy, funky, dirty, glitchy, sexy and full of fun. Every genre imaginable is chucked into the melting pot and what comes out is a candy coated, sweaty and organic Dance album that masquerades as everything BUT a rock album. Very few albums are primordial and pure fun. MT is definitely just that. An album that is even now, yesterdays news but it will be played, enjoyed and hopefully even revered for it's joy, it's optimism and sheer fun

!!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Myth Takes - album out 5th March

PS. This is included in the 0-9 category as It does'nt fit any other category.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”