Music Banter - View Single Post - The Debates
Thread: The Debates
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #234 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

WendyCal, this started as comical, but as someone else already said, now you're just getting annoying. You were asked for sources to back up your claims that the financial crisis was caused by other countries being worried about Obama being elected. Your reply was to throw the wall street journal in our post and ask ethan if he'd ever heard of the stock market. That's not citing sources. That's not even really doing anything.

The rest of the world is going into an economic recession because the stock market is built on speculation. When the US economy started to crash, foreign stocks that were tied to the US economy also depreciated, which in turn caused further depreciation.

It has absolutely nothing to do with other countries "fearing" Obama being elected. In fact, most people in Canada that I know, and everyone in the UK, Asia, Australia and New Zealand that I've spoken with are hoping Obama gets elected. I can't say that the majority of people in other nations want this, I can only answer for the people in other countries that I know personally, which is a lot.

Your posts are just getting more confusing and more all over the place. No one here has any idea what you're talking about anymore. You have yet to post a single fact in this entire thread. Everything has been wild claims and out-there conjectures.

Edit: my mistake. you claimed the economy is crashing. that is indeed a fact. everything else you have posted thus far has been utter bullsh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
uh you almost read back far enough to respond to that properly... i said that both obama and palin were terrible, hence the "also" in bold. I already voted and voted for Ron Paul. I do not support Palin.
My bad. It's getting tough in this thread to sort through the sh*te to get to the posts with actual reason behind them. I take back my comments about you.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote