Music Banter - View Single Post - The Debates
Thread: The Debates
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #255 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCal View Post
For real? If you don't mind my asking, what year are you in?

It'll be a little hard for me to do the equations, because i got bored with the core curriculum and was allowed to take senior level courses in my second quarter, after my first grades (and what i like to think of as 'the rumor') got around.

Well, anyway, have you taken the economics courses?

i mean, i don't get how you don't understand that this is all connected...

Right now, Obama is popular. i've said that we'll not know what would have happened if the reverse had been true.

i base what i think on MY OWN readings/research, if you could call it that. And my own brain cells. We all do. WE are the ultimate judges of what we believe is real and true. Nes c'est pas?
First, if you're going to use a foreign language to make yourself seem more intelligent, use it correctly. If you were going for the French equivalent of "is it not?" then the correct phrase is "N'est-ce pas?"

Secondly, of course we all realize that the global economies are interconnected. What we fail to understand is how obama's popularity has ANYTHING to do with the current financial crisis. Care to elaborate on that or will we all have to be content to think you as much an uninformed crackpot as we do now?
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote