Music Banter - View Single Post - Yes- it's my list of favourite albums thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Aerosmith-Rocks (1976)

Commercial Blues based Rock is great. I like it but i would never put it into classic status...unless it is Aerosmith's 'Rocks'. If you only have to own one album of this ilk, then Rocks is it. A scuzzy, booze soaked, dirty Blues based rock album that was created and perfected by Aerosmith. Before drugs took a hold, this album represented the best hard Rock band in America at their peak. 'Combination' is a dirty stagger through blues rock. 'Rats In The Cellar' taught many bands how to swagger and 'Nobody's Fault' is the best riff Jimmy Page never wrote.

I don't really like the Rolling Stones. The reason why is because I heard this album before I dipped extensively into their back catalogue and realised that they perfected the Stones template. Rarely do I ignore the original source but Aerosmith in their pomp were quite simply THE rock band in the 70's. We all thought we could be rock stars in the 70's. Aerosmith told us that we needed another ingredient-attitude and they had it in spades.

Aerosmith's Official Site

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”