Music Banter - View Single Post - Why underground music is more enjoyable
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cobe Kai
i is a gud righter.

Default Why underground music is more enjoyable

Now don't get me wrong, mainstream music is good, and it serves a purpose, but if you want to hear amazing music you have to look at the bands who work several part time jobs and work hard for everything.

It's all good being a childish Weezer fan liking different coloured albums, and frankly their latest, red album, was quite bollocks, but they've already gotten to a point where they're well known and sell millions of records.

But it seems to me it's socially unacceptable to have a favourate band as a local one. Three of my favourate bands are unsigned and I know one/two of them pretty well. They're:

Army of Freshmen
Fell on Black Days
Dirty Bob

And when I bring them up in conversation about music, people seem to not give to ****s because they're not signed or not on Kerrang! or Scuzz, but these are the bands that work a hundred times harder to get to that stage. These are the bands still making a name for themselves, who take risks musically and put their necks on the line to get better and expand.

You know that if you buy their merchandise it buys them petrol home or a meal or a few drinks. If you buy merch' for a big time band, you know it just goes towards another sports car.

I think it's time we realise the potential, skill and brilliance of unsigned local bands.

These are just my thoughts, I want to know what you guys think! Post a comment below on your thoughts.

- Cobe Kai

-P.S. I'm indeed back.

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote