Music Banter - View Single Post - Supertramp Sadly Forgotten
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
silverone12
Groupie

Default Supertramp Sadly Forgotten

In my opinion Supertramp is perhaps the best band ever to record music. Their albums Crime of the Century, Crisis? What Crisis?, Even in the Quietest Moments and their most well known album Breakfast in America are their finest by far. In fact the work they did before and after these 4 albums are nothing to write home about (or post on a forum about). Every single song on each of these four albums is perfection and there I can not think of a four album streak nearly as good aside from possibly the Beatles. It is unfortuante that only 3 or so of their songs get any radio play and that they are basically known for these songs. The arrangemts, drum fills, passionate vocals and inventive experimentation both lyrically and musically are absolutly incredible. The duel lead vocals of Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies is sublime with each of the two lending a different characteristic to the songs they perform on. I can listen to these four albums connsecutively on my ipod without even thinking about skipping a track while being fully engaged and interested even after hearing every song dozens of times. Some fairly unknown songs I urge anyone reading this to listen to are "Just Another Nervous Wreck", "Rudy" and "School". These three tracks while each very different give an accurate depiction of just how varied and inventive the songs this group produced are. In fact I urge you to listen to every song on each of these albums my favorite being Crime of the Century. Honestly in a discussions of band among people i rarely hear Supertramp mentioned and that is a shame in my opinion.
silverone12 is offline   Reply With Quote