Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #257 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i'm curious about dead space. it's got definite potential. have you ever played the system shock series? does it compare? i know bioshock was supposed to be a spiritual successor to the SS games but it was a giant let down in my book. dead space seems to be a lot more in line with system shock from an environmental standpoint but i'm not sure about the rest. is it about survival or slaughter?

on the topic of fallout, yes it's an RPG franchise, and yes i played the originals back in the day. never beat the first 1, beat the 2nd one a bunch of times, same with tactics.

the last time i went through part 2 i was trying to make it through the game without causing a single point of damage. i managed to make it to the final boss but couldn't escape, i'm assuming i would have had to tag and crank up my repair skill to maintain the turrets in that battle.

as for the ps3, i was a big nay sayer early on and then my roommate got one. i guess it really depends on what you want from a game system but i like it. exclusives are a non-issue for me, i want stability and support, couple that with free backwards compatability and improved graphics for old games and i'm sold (i guess this really depends on the model you get).
uh..

never played system shock. Have played maybe an hour of bioshock.

The rumour i read was that dead space was originally intended to be the sequal to system shock, but scrapped infavor of something more mainstream-zombie killing.

The story is perfect for me, i love aliens and zombies and conspiracy theory's. The graphics are wonderful, and the sound is probably the best of any game ive ever heard. I love hearing the whispers of **** from the past.

It depends on the difficulty, as to your survival or slaughter question. On easy you can just shoot everything, but on hard you definitly have to use the environment and running away like a pansy a lot more,i dont think challenge will be an issue.

Did you like resident evil 4's controls? Cuz if not, don't even bother with dead space.

Me, i heard RE4 in space, and i was sold, but some might want a little more.

Downloaded the Dead Space animated movie pr equel, going to give it a spin.

Fallout 3 still hasn't convinced me, it looks like a mediocre fps, in a really gray sandbox with enemies that look straight outta TMNT
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote