Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
10. Steely Dan - Aja
Upon hearing this for the first time, I discovered I had a bit of a soft spot for jazzier music

9. Happy Mondays - Pills, Thrills 'n' Bellyaches
Got me into all that Madchester stuff, therefore late 80s/early 90s house, therefore a lot of dance music

8. The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour
Got me started on my hugely rewarding journey through the Fall's discography

7. Faith No More - King For a Day, Fool For a Lifetime
One of the few albums I got when I was 13 that I still listen to and love to this day

6. The Pogues - The Very Best Of the Pogues
I picked this up for about a fiver second-hand in Aberdeen and it's one of the most rewarding bargain-purchases I've ever made. I used to have no opinion on them, now they're one of my favourites

5. Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers - LAMF
And then there's this. I'd heard punk before (Sex Pistols and the Clash basically) but this album encouraged me to really get into punk music

4. Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution
If it weren't for this album I wouldn't be into reggae. 'nuff said

3. New Order - Substance
Before I bought this album I basically listened to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Papa Roach - all sorts of stuff your average white 14 year-old would listen to back in the day and all the stuff I can't stand to hear now. Of all people it was my history teacher who recommended it to me

2. The Doors - The Doors
Another one of the first non nu-metal albums I ever bought, and one which therefore had a massive impact on my taste in music

1. David Bowie - Low
And I always mention this album whenever someone asks what got me into music. I was into music before, but not into music if you know what I mean

There are a couple I've missed out. Nick Cave's 'No More Shall We Part' and Elvis Costello's 'Armed Forces' for example, but I'll leave it there
Great top 10. ^
Not mine exactly, but I love your taste.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote