Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 04:18 AM   #276 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

take two got lucky.

think of it like this. 25 minigames is still going to take a few guys a few months to make in an office that has to be staffed and paid for. developers generally don't work from home unless they have a day job.

how many other shovelware titles hit like that? it's not really that shovelware is risky, it's more like b-grade material. if you saturate the market with that then it's what you're going to become.

you're right with the bioshock example. unless something like the unreal engine supports all the current platforms.

it's not up to nintendo to promote someone else's games. they're not an advertising firm hehe. it's unfortunate that the smaller places can't afford the type of publicity bigger titles get. you're right that the conduit looks cool but i don't know who publishes high voltage software's games.

sony's big push is a hope that people will drop cash on ps3s for the holiday season. plus they're the ones publishing the game. nintendo definitely does the same when they're the ones publishing the titles, but those titles are also usually well established franchises at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote