Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris Palin
Thread: Paris Palin
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default Paris Palin

Quote:
Ethics campaigners cry foul over Palin shopping spree

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Political ethics campaigners lodged a formal complaint Thursday over the 150,000 dollars the Republican Party spent to dress vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin in fashionable new clothes.

In a submission to the Federal Election Commission, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington alleged that the shopping spree was a violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act by Palin, the Republican National Committee and RNC "operatives".

"It is ridiculous that the RNC would spend 150,000 dollars to outfit a vice presidential nominee and her family at any time," said the group's executive director Melanie Sloan on its website (Home | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington).

"But it is more outrageous given the dire financial straights of so many Americans and the state of our economy."

With the November 4 election less than a fortnight away, it emerged Wednesday that the Republicans splashed out for Palin -- the moose-hunting governor of Alaska and self-described "hockey mom" -- after John McCain picked her as his running mate.

The Politico website said chic designer outfits from such top-end retailers as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, plus hair care and make-up, cropped up as "campaign accessories" in a monthly RNC financial disclosure statement.

McCain's campaign said the clothes will go to charity after the November 4 election.
Hopefully next time I go to the thrift store I can trade one of those suits in for a new car.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote