Music Banter - View Single Post - The Debates
Thread: The Debates
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #331 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
You're the one bashing Ethan about his arguments, and you write this crap??
I never once bashed anyone for their views. I pointed out that a moderator was acting like a bully. I guess that's alright as long as you are one of his cronies, but I prefer to see moderators do their job fairly.

Quote:
One argument I'd like to make about this point:
1. How are you getting this "strong" economy for six out of eight years for Bush?
Compared to what?
The terms of Clinton?
The term of George H. W. Bush?
Due to the nature of my work, I am much, much busier in strong economic times. I'm a Cat mechanic, so the more construction, the more work. I have not been able to hardly breathe because I had so much work the last few years. This year, I'm lucky to get 40 hours. I could point to the performance of my investments which have tanked and cost me a **** load in the last few months when I made quite a bit over the last 10 years. You could also look at the DJIA over the period in question. The lowest point was in 2002 and equal to 1998.

This may also be an interesting read about the economic growth in the Clinton era. Clinton's Economic Legacy,

Quote:
Fuzzy comparative politics aside, two things come up.
A. You obviously haven't lived in Michigan.
B. Even if your conclusion wasn't fuzzy *cough*full of shit*cough* you in no way explain your argument or how your premise (Republican majority) relates to your conclusion.
I never even drew a conclusion. I added something else to the argument. Its hard to call it bull **** when you haven't explored the possibility.

Quote:
It's like me saying, "U.S. Congress had a Republican majority for six of the eight years of Bush's terms. From 2000 to 2006, HIV AIDS dramatically increased in Zimbabwe."

The Republican's majority affecting condom donations to offset HIV AIDS in Zimbabwe aside, I'm sure you can see this argument has very little content
[/QUOTE]

Yes, because the U.S. Congress has just as much influence over the social situation in Zimbabwe as the U.S. economy.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote