Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
WendyCal
Music Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal View Post
You don't ...
1) You don't ......... really understand how a city's ENTIRE government works, do you? (e.g. The ins and outs of coordinating a city's budget with the overall big pic)

2) Gosh, i didn't realize i was in a 'debate club' ~ sort of thought posting that all the Obama quotes came from on the issues . com would suffice...

The thing i don't get? How come when i say anything, a source needs to be provided, yet, when y'all say something, it's just taken for granted? After seeing the warped outcome of y'all's comprehension of what you've read in my posts, i'd sort of like to see what you're interpreting FROM.

3) By your reasoning, there is no such thing as a law ~ just a piece of paper. No such thing a contract ~ just a piece of paper. No such thing as, well, anything that's written. (You really don't see how out in left field that line of thinking is?...)

What makes those pieces of paper hold the power they do are our values as a nation. i'm not here to talk about changing all of society ~ i had my chance, and we did it. If you have a problem with the values of America, you'll have to figure out how to change them, your own selves. (Been there, done that, got PLENTY of tie-dyed T-Shirts to prove it! )

*** ~> Unfortunately, folks, in order to discuss the issues, we're going to have to use the mores of society (e.g. the laws) as our 'box.' You can think outside of the box all you want, but it really has no bearing on what we're discussing right here and now.

5) If you will click to see the actual quotes, you won't have any problem keeping up with where they came from. i have cited my source ~ i don't believe that 'debate club' requires me to provide complete documentation just because my opponent can't find it...

Last edited by WendyCal; 10-24-2008 at 09:48 AM.