Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #285 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
So I should totally ignore a great game because people don't like it? Sucks to be them then

The only reason I brought up those games is because you used overt hyperbole, and supposedly speaking for the entire population of games concerning the 400 bucks paperweight comment.
Well yeah, if I buy a product and am perfectly satisfied with it, then you out of brand loyalty tell me I wasted my money for not buying your product instead. Then of course I'm gonna retaliate.

Quote:
Wiimote is pretty different IMO but after the 'difference' wares out it becomes a bore, and IMO no different to a normal console controller (And my opinion is based on actually owning one ) I wish it released some games that would actually be different and take advantage of its (Albeit limited in the whole scheme of things) system. Most games are fairly shoddy IMO in that there is little variation in what actually happens when you swing the wiimote perse... Most of the time to me it feels like a bother rather than an excitement unlike when you first open get the thing... It becomes just as repetitive as pressing the X button just much more tiring
I think the variety of things you can do with the wiimote is pretty sweet. Sure some of the games where you use the wiimote the control the sword dosen't have that much interactivity since just swinging the wiimote will gaurantee a hit every time. But that has more to do with the design of the actual games. Remember in wii sports and how the bat moves depending on how you hold the wiimote? Well there you go.

The wiimote brings a lot of fun to games I don't think would work anywhere near as well on other platforms. Raving Rabbids is a great example, I know it's on the PS2 and 360 now but a lot of what made that game fun was how you used the wiimote for the various minigames.

I think bringing more interactivity to gaming is a fantastic idea, I know not everyone likes it, but that's their opinion, just don't tell me I'm wasting my time investing in what I think is a great concept. That's the kinda fanboy bullcrap that I hate.

It has nothing to do with company loyalty, because I'll tell you right now that the Genesis pwns the SNES and that PS1 raped N64 in the butt.

Quote:
Added more games including LA Noire, GOW, SOCOM... Again, it seems to be up to tastes...
Indeed. If you're into shooters and action games in the vein of GTA or God of War then I can understand the preference for PS3. I'm just more into the kinda games that the Wii has in greater quantity, since I'm into simpler/more retro games.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote