Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #286 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

comparing the wii wheel to a high end logitech wheel is rather foolish. one is an actual controller with force feedback and pedals, the other is a mount for the regular controller.

you want to talk immersion get a ps3. gran turismo 5 prologue. a projector with a 6 foot screen. high end logitech wheel and pedals mounted into a frame with the seat from a sports car. with a surround sound system.

totally blows away the wii. kind of pricey but WAY more immersive. not as fun as excite truck but definitely more immersive.

remember in wii sports how it doesn't matter what direction you swing the controller to hit a home run? horizontal or vertical it's still a swing.

the controls for raving rabbids on the wii are either jerk off the controller or click and pull, aside from the 'shooter' segments. what made the game fun was playing with other people. same as every other party game out there.

interactivity is great and it's wonderful that nintendo will take chances, especially ones that don't give you migraines (like the virtual boy).

BUT it's not enough to change the software development industry. you're not going to see a huge shift in how new games are made until one of the other consoles starts implementing motion control into their games (or until a 3rd party gets lucky and has a 1st party sized hit). right now there's no point for them to take that step. yet. i'm sure they're watching nintendo closely and have plans to eventually move in that direction, but right now the tech just doesn't justify changing the infrastructure of the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote