Music Banter - View Single Post - The Debates
Thread: The Debates
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #361 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
The Federal Government could change that. Still my point is, it's a major issue discussed during every election, but it doesn't change.
It's still a state by state law issue, not a national issue. So it was pointless of you to bring up in the first place.

Quote:
I addressed this in a previous post. Again my taxes have gone up slightly with each election both state and federal.
Um, that's not exactly true. Local/state taxes have gone up in the last election yes but only because of George W. Bush's reckless federal tax cuts.

Quote:
Your assumption of my sentiment is so far from accurate or explicable. All Wars are awful, but so far in my life America has been the good guys every time and I have no experience leading military campaigns so I'll leave it to the men who do to run them.
We've been the good guys every time? Even when we force democracy onto unwilling nations?

Quote:
The national debt has increased with every president the past 50 years. Everyone promises the opposite including these two.
That's a flat out lie. It's been going down (with some very brief ups) since Truman and didn't start really rising again until Bush/Reagan. Then it started steadying and going down with Clinton only to be brought up by George W. Bush.

Quote:
I don't believe Obama cares about it. Nothing other then his words suggest he does care. Plus he is powerless (if he did care) against the lobbyists like his VP's Son. Money talks, every president thinks they'll get us off foriegn oil and our dependency only increases.
Beau Biden is a lobbyist? I wasn't aware, I wonder why he's in Iraq right now.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqE0...9 Jimmy Carter

That was 30 years ago. We've used more oil from OPEC nations every year since. Today over 75% of our oil is purchased from OPEC nations.
That still doesn't change the fact democrats give much more of a thought to Alternative Energy sources than republicans do. McCain's policy to rape the continental shelf and drill in Alaska won't work. Why? Because the oil in Alaska won't even last us a year it's not a longterm solution at all. Our dependency on oil in general keeps going up and up and that's the problem. Senator Obama gives much more thought to this than McCain does. Drill baby drill is a horrible solution and nothing more than a pipe dream.

Quote:
Where does the money come from? Taxes. And unless it's spent wisely who cares. The real solution is to avoid standardization and allow schools more private funding. But you can't tax people that way.
I never said it didn't come from taxes but god forbid Obama take money from all the Paris Hilton's of America and help fund our underfunded schools.

Quote:
Legal immigration. Illegal immigration waters down our tangible economy and creates xenophobia and racism.
You can't really measure an issue like that. It does create that kind of politically climate but as to whether it's bad or not for our economy in the long run it's hard to gauge.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote