Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #88 (permalink)
WendyCal
Music Addict

My family had a monkey for about 35 years. No, they didn't support the monkey trade overseas ~ when we left Japan, we had a myna bird that was coming with us, or so we thought. Because of Parrot Fever, which only affects parrots, but which people evidently equate with ANY talking bird, we couldn't bring him. My folks knew some other people that loved the bird, and they had just gotten a baby monkey, but, because it was afraid and remembered being caught by asian people, it hated the Japanese lady, and like so often happens, it was being abused. Anyway, my folks traded, and brought Tami to the states.

For quite a while, we could handle him, but as he got older, he got more dangerous. i have a TON of stitches to prove that you can't help something that doesn't understand where you're coming from... Well, anyway, until the last 10 years of his life, he lived in a dog run near the house. It broke my heart that he never got to be a monkey, all because he couldn't understand to NOT hurt us.

Anyway, i've thought long and hard about living in a cell, and what it would be to like live in the bathroom (about the right size), with no privacy, and little to no comforts of home,

and it would suck.