Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
PaperHurricanesAndPlanes
Ban Captain Caveman

1. Beach Boys - Greatest Hits Vol. 1

This is not my favorite album. Not by a long shot. That being said, it is the most important. Little Deuce Coupe is not only my first memory of rock and roll, its my first memory of ANY music. So, this holds a special place in my heart.

Favorite Track: Little Deuce Coupe

2. Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First

This was my first Bad Religion album, and it completely changed me. Opened my eyes politically and emotionally. "All There Is" is absolutely astonishing. Bad Religion got me into punk, at least the punk that isn't radio crap.

Favorite Track: All There Is

3. Bad Religion - Recipe For Hate

One of Bad Religion's best efforts. The lyrical brilliance of "Skyscraper" and "Kerosene" floor me.

Favorite Track: Kerosene.

4. Arturo Sandoval - Live At The Blue Note

My first jazz album. I bought this after my dad took me to see him live. Amazing musician.

Favorite Track: Eso Es Lo Que Hay

5. Bill Evans and Jim Hall - Intermodulation
I got this shortly after Live At The Blue Note and fell in love. This is by far my favorite jazz album of all time. Amazing, amazing music here. Mellows me out.

Favorite Track: All Across The City

6. Emcee Lynx - Living In The Shadow
This guy taught me that not all rap is complete **** with nothing but overinflated egos and sex drives and a complete lack of morality. He is a very, very interesting person to listen to.

7. The Germs - G.I. (The Rough Mixes)

I just love the insanity in their music. Crash was a psychopathic genius.

Favorite Track: What We Do Is Secret

8. Counting Crows - August And Everything After

This album just...affects me. It is quite beautiful. There is no dim spot on this album.

9. Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture

One of my first forays into good punk. I love the compassion in McIlrath's voice. Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated is an amazing track.

10. The Beatles - 1967-1970

Another one of my first forays into rock and roll. One of my earlier memories of rock and roll and music in general. Plus...its the Beatles. C'mon.

What's with people dying? Shit.
PaperHurricanesAndPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote