Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #137 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCal View Post
Sorry about that! i jumped the gun, it would appear. But i expect that the two will overlap for a couple of pages.

i'm for getting rid of all BUT sales taxes ~ where the rubber meets the road, as it were. If you have lots of money and buy lots of stuff, you're going to pay lots of taxes. If you don't have that much money, you won't be buying that much. i've thought and thought about how we could have some sort of fair system, whereby the government gets theirs, but we get to keep ours, and this seems the fairest.

i would not be for taxes on any of the basic necessities of life ~ food, clothing, or shelter, and i hadn't gotten this far, but maybe cleaning products ~ No! EVERYTHING you can buy in a grocery store.

That sound good?
Also because many rich people don't necessarily make a lot of money (they are already rich) but one thing rich people do is buy a lot useless stuff. Raise the consumption tax and abolish the income tax so the person who is making 12$ an hour is actually making that. Sounds like a good idea when I thought of it, but it probably wouldn't work for whatever reason.