Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #138 (permalink)
WendyCal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
But you are pro-choice, as long as they can come up with the right lies and only when it benefits your agenda. Convenient is it not?Not to mention, you'd have people believe we pro-choicers are pro-murder.

Paying taxes to help your country is one of the most patriotic things you can do. I have no issues with paying higher taxes as long as where they are going is non-frivolous and public information.
Abortion:

Well, that's just it, isn't it? If it's legal for anyone to have, then it's legal for everyone to have, because girls could lie about the circumstances. The thing is, if it's to be considered a medical necessity, the doctors would be in charge of determining the situation, and making a decision, keeping the ENTIRE thing confidential. It would also serve to, as Double X noted above, "Instead of promoting abortions we should just promote safe sex."

i'm sorry about the murder stuff, but if the shoe fits...

Taxes:

Where our tax monies goes is already a matter of public record, but yet and still, the frivolous spending doesn't stop.

And i know we need to pay taxes, and am willing to pay taxes, but i'm paying taxes ON taxes, and we need a better, SIMPLER way to collect them, that taxes people fairly. Right now, if the major corps taxes went up, say 5.75%, what do you think they would do? Raise their prices, right? Cost of Doing Business just went up. And while we're at it, we need to make a little more, also, so we'll just raise our prices, what? 7.5% sound good to everyone?

Not everyone is the same when it comes to earning, and when you have hidden taxes concealed in everything, you aren't doing the little guy any favors, regardless of what tiny percentage you want to 'refund' him.

How would you do it?

Last edited by WendyCal; 10-27-2008 at 05:02 PM.