Music Banter - View Single Post - Opeth
Thread: Opeth
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #101 (permalink)
Embracethedeath
Music Addict

as i suspected. As soon as something other than praise enters this thread, all we get is accusations. I'm not a close-minded metalhead. I love metal. I enjoy all genres of metal, except maybe power metal where i only love a few. Death metal happens to be my favorite subgenre of metal. Overall, Opeth is just boring.
Mixing genres of metal, or music for that matter, can be disastrous. Opeth decided to take a high dosage of progression and mix it in with death metal. What comes out is obviously progressive, and has death metal in it, but that death metal isn't necessarily too good. Opeth is obviously a talented band. Mikael's clean vocals can be seamlessly transformed into thunderous growls. I really just don't connect with any of it. It seems almost uninspired or way too calculated. Like all music, its just a matter of opinion. Liking Opeth isn't a problem, I just don't see them as anything special, and a lot of metalheads would agree with me. Listen to Aker****e or Lykathea Aflame, there's some progressive death metal

Edit: haha A k e r c o c k e i mean
Embracethedeath is offline   Reply With Quote