Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #1067 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
But we're not talking about every electro-ambient ever made, we're just talking about Radiohead. And that boring remark was more towards lucifer sam. Also, I never said it was the most sonically beautiful album ever made, just that it was beautiful album that Radiohead did that was better in a sense than Ok Computer because they completely changed their direction in their music. So in many ways it is better album than it's predessor. But I'll check out that album.
I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's sensible to argue that one album by a band is better than a previous one on the basis that the album in question represented a great change in direction. It might make that album more important in the history of the band, but I don't think that's a reason to say that it's better.

With me, the deciding factor has always been fairly straightforward: OK Computer is more melodically beautiful than Kid A. It has incredible songs. The latter can't match it for songs. So OK Computer imo wins.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote