Music Banter - View Single Post - Arena
Thread: Arena
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

One thing I'll never deny, and that is that I am NOT adventurous in my music! I don't like people banging a row of cow skulls and calling it music. I don't like someone screaming and calling it singing. I don't like someone hammering the side of a car with a wrench and calling it a tune. There's nothing wrong with any of this, good luck to 'em! But it's not what I look for in my music.
The closest I get to avant-garde is the more experimental stuff from Tom Waits, and even some of that I don't like.
Hey, I'm old and set in my ways. I like my music to consist of a guitar, bass, piano/keyboard/synth, maybe some brass, drums, vocals and not a whole lot else. I like to be able to understand what I'm listening to, in music terms, and I like my music to be pleasing to my ear, not discordant.
That's just me, but it's something you need to understand about me when you tell me stuff I like is unadventurous.
I LIKE unadventurous!
Or, to put it another way, if it ain't broke....
Thus my love of Arena will continue despite deprecating comments. Each to their own, but I love this band!