Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris Hilton's new album is actually pretty good!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
erm, I can't believe i'm actually replying to one of your post, no offense, but in regards to the KKK most of them are ignorant ****s I wouldn't worry about them taking over. I good part of my family and many family friends live are from what you would call the old south, and I do know members of the KKK, they are in the large idiots who are as harmful as a fluffy bunny during heat.

If you want to think about hell, think about the entire american economy crumbling to the ground.
I disagree with you on some points, and agree on others. I do think that the KKK are not AS powerful as perhaps wendycal's post made it out to be, but, it does only take one nutjob KKK with a smart racist backing him to make all hell break loose. Even one legitimate assassination attempt, let alone a successful one, would most likely cause rioting. I am, perhaps naively, optimistic that should Obama win the election, the US is past the time when a black man winning the presidency simultaneously acquires a target on his back with a ticking clock. However, like I said, if just one person successfully acts on the feelings that are certainly out there about America being lead by a black man, I have no such optimistic feelings about what would happen as a result.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote