Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris Palin
Thread: Paris Palin
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you on several points, mainly that this is not new news. New news is either something that is entirely new, or something that reveals a new development in a story previously reported. The fact that she has allegedly abused her power as a governor by spending state money for personal gain is DEFINITELY newsworthy. It is not a newspaper's job to decide weather she is guilty or not. It is not a newspaper's job to hold off on reporting new developments until the entire court proceeding has finished. News agencies have only been reporting the facts as they come to light, and the facts are that she has allegedly broken the law by using state funds for her own gain.

As for her drop in approval, it could very easily be argued that that drop is related to all the new allegations that have come to light since her becoming VP. You even almost alluded to the same fact yourself, yet you failed to comment on the significance of this. It could very easily be argued that the people polled did not know enough about her until her candidacy thrust her into the limelight, and she went under a LOT more scrutiny than she had been previously. I think the relevant fact is that her approval rating has dropped significantly after all these allegations became known to the public, which may have been a result of her being chosen as the VP candidate. Having said that, I strongly believe that had these same allegations been brought forth even had she not been named McCain's VP choice, her approval rating would have plummeted all the same.
First because I'm so far removed from the original argument, I am not a Pro-Palin advocate or anything here, my argument was that Ethan showed extreme bias towards Obama\Biden and it devalued his argument.

Everything your arguing in the initial post is subjective we're both speculating on why the numbers dropped, the article gives examples of many people who still feel she is a qualified governor. As strongly as you believe, I disagree because I know I wouldn't care about it and most people I know either don't care or are unaware of the details.

The drop was not that significant something like 73 to 68. It says her rating had been in the 80's as recently as July and the article examines the reasons and a lot of people view her as a qualified governor, but are not sure she's qualified to be VP. And drop or no drop she is still number one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
the facts are that she has allegedly broken the law by using state funds for her own gain.
What is she alleged to have used state funds on?

Finally,
As for the follow-up post thanks for the links. That's not a whole lot of money and it something they had before Palin and will have after her so I don't see how it'd impact her approval rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote