Music Banter - View Single Post - 531 more music file sharers sued
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
DJ_Jester
Forum Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella Skank
I don't think they really target people who download a song, keep it for a few days, and then delete it. They have more of a problem with someone who keeps 2,000 songs in their "Shared Folder" for everyone to download. Those are the people who are being targeted.
Yeah I noticed that but even then, the stuff I wrote in the second paragraph of my rant I think still applies. If I have 2000+ files in my Shared Folder that I legally bought and copied onto my computer, and then share it, all I'm doing it letting them preview it and later they might buy the CD's. I mean it's like me buying a CD and then lending it to my friend to listen to for a bit and he can get his own copy if he likes it. Except... it's a couple thousand of my friends. :-P

Point is, no matter how you look at it, they don't know the intent of the user so I don't think it's ethical to sue if the reasons are innocent. Like the two girls who are being sued when they were using the files for some school project or whatever.

Besides.... Take away Kazaa and the like and then you have mIRC or even IM Software.
(All Times Eastern Standard)
DJ_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote