Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #327 (permalink)
FaSho
____

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

Here's a good example of what I mean. Samus from the Metroid games, the first Metroid game was largely considered to have set a strong feminist statement when it was discovered after you completed the game that you were playing a woman the whole time. So I found it ironic to see feminists complain about Zero Mission and Brawl depicting Samus without her armor suit and in more revealing attire (even though featuring her in sexy outfits has actually been a tradition ever since the first Metroid), suddenly she was no longer a positive role model because god f*cking forbid, she wasn't hiding her appearance. In other words she was only a good role model when you couldn't TELL that she's a woman, once she turns into some super hot blonde chick in a body suit she's suddenly a bad role model, even though she's the same ass kicking space warrior she always was. What a f*cking mixed message that is. So I guess what feminists want is for all attractive women in the world to wear bulking suits of armor at all times. So they can be taken seriously.
Lulz. One of the best thing I've read in a long time. One of my favorite threads.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote