Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #331 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521 View Post
Just an aside about the wiimote...I think it's an interesting innovation and I don't have too much experience with the wii to be able to say more than that. But it's obvious that a lot of gamers are not comfortable with making the jump toward the very new gameplay mechanics it requires.
It dosen't always require it though, several Wii games like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and the new NiGHTs game also let you use the classic and Gamecube controllers.

Quote:
Personally, I'm not interested in having to control a game in non-traditional ways, although I do find the DS great for minigames and other secondary features (The wario giant slingshot in Super Mario World...being able to draw the designs on t-shirts in Animal Crossing as though you were drawing with a pen etc..). I think the idea of controls that make me move more than my fingers are an interruption of the immersion that makes gaming a unique experience. I don't want to be reminded of my own existence while trying to pretend I'm someone else.
Wait what?

That dosen't even make any sense. If you can jerk off once a day then you can move your arm, you all make it sound like it's really f*cking hard.

I love it because I have boney fingers, my fingers are more likely to ache from using traditional controllers than my arms are likely to ache from swinging the wiimote around. I think it's great.

Quote:
Mostly I just wish that game companies would devote their push toward innovation to the f***ing software.
The wiimote should and can allow companies to put forth more innovative software, they simply don't want to because they're jerking off to the graphics for 360 and PS3 and since the Wii's graphics are too weak to handle the same kind of games as those platforms, they would rather make multiplatform games for both of those systems than Wii exclusives.

In other words the Wii isn't getting the support it should because too many developers care more about graphics than gameplay.

Quote:
I realize that most of (or, at least, a lot of) the software is created by developers who are independent of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, but The companies which produce consoles still must have a ton of influence on what kinds of games are made, because they have to decide what they will release for their system.
Do you really think there's some assh*le at Nintendo headquarters telling Konami and Hudson Soft to only make party games?

Do you really think they would turn down an offer to make a Metal Gear Solid or Devil May Cry for the Wii?

None of the big companies tell third party developers what games to make. They're independant companies, they can make whatever the f*ck they want, it's only up to the hardware company to decide if these games will be licensed and released for their hardware. There's the expected censorship policies, but they're all pretty lenient what with today's emphasis on violent and edgy games.

Manhunt 2 was released on the Wii, so it's not like Nintendo aren't allowing any "mature" games for the Wii.

Nintendo have been a lot more lenient with third parties ever since they made the mistake of taking the blood out of the SNES version of Mortal Kombat, which ended up boosting Genesis sales as a result.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote