Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
ModernRocker79
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
VU's influence is undeniable, Beatles influence is however. That Led Zeppelin, the Stones and The Who have no votes and the Beatles 15 is proof that the main population of this forum have no idea about anything, at all, ever.
The Beatles revolutionized pop music and they popularized experimental music in Rock. They influenced the Rolling Stones to write their music. They started the British Invasion, they influenced the Byrds to blend folk with rock. They influenced the Beach Boys to create Pet Sounds. They blended Avant Music with Pop. They blended Traditional World Music with Rock. They established feedback, tape loops and backward guitars, vocals etc, in in Pop Music

The Beatles made the rock band bigger than the Elvis types. The Beatles played in the first big stadium concert. Sorry to Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry it took the Beatles to establish the songwriter/ rock band/ without a focal point rock band. They had a huge influence on Progressive Rock and the start of Heavy Metal with songs like "Helter Skelter, and the Proto Gloomy Metal of "I Want You". Countless of Indie Bands are influenced by songs like 'Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said and I'm Only Sleeping.

I guess the Beatles did nothing please. The Velvet Underground who I like influenced a small fraction of rock music and none in Pop Music. They should not even been on this list to be honest.
ModernRocker79 is offline   Reply With Quote