Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #34 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernRocker79 View Post
The Beatles revolutionized pop music and they popularized experimental music in Rock.
If you say so

Quote:
They influenced the Rolling Stones to write their music.
No that was Andrew Loog Oldham

Quote:
They started the British Invasion,
No that was The Tornados

Quote:
they influenced the Byrds to blend folk with rock. They influenced the Beach Boys to create Pet Sounds.
I don't really care about either band so I can't comment here

Quote:
They blended Avant Music with Pop.
But they wern't the first and it wasn't groundbreaking

Quote:
They blended Traditional World Music with Rock.
Again , not exclusive to The Beatles

Quote:
They established feedback, tape loops and backward guitars, vocals etc, in in Pop Music
No that was Joe Meek
Quote:
The Beatles made the rock band bigger than the Elvis types. The Beatles played in the first big stadium concert. Sorry to Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry it took the Beatles to establish the songwriter/ rock band/ without a focal point rock band. They had a huge influence on Progressive Rock and the start of Heavy Metal with songs like "Helter Skelter, and the Proto Gloomy Metal of "I Want You". Countless of Indie Bands are influenced by songs like 'Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said and I'm Only Sleeping.
So they were popular & influenced things , great. So did all the bands on this list

Quote:
I guess the Beatles did nothing please.
They did something , it's just always overstated by fanboys like you

Quote:
The Velvet Underground who I like influenced a small fraction of rock music and none in Pop Music. They should not even been on this list to be honest.
The Velvet Underground probably influenced most of my favourite bands , and I willing to give them credit for that even though I don't like them a huge amount.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote