Music Banter - View Single Post - Shiseido's Gig Reviews
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus View Post
Unfortunately I'm not going to catch Howe Gelb in Northcote. Although after a browse I'm actually impressed and think that would be a great show! Did he play in Brisbane/ did you get the chance to see him?
Yes. Reviewed in Zarko and myself's journal Favourite Things. http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...z-zarko-3.html

A mate I have who lives in Melbourne went last night and has let me know with the following message.

Quote:
Ended up going to see Howe Gelb last night... Interestingly "unpredictable" indeed... Any performance that begins with part of the Procal Harem – Whiter Shade of Pale, if I recall was written whilst stoned on acid, just might set off alarm bells for some. Hahaha.

Three mikes all set at different volumes, a piano and cleverly configured acoustic guitar that could play acoustic, electric and computerised synth? All in the style of country and or western with its giveaway obligatory pessimistically observational lyrics. After numerous swapping between piano, electric and acoustic and some looping combinations of all, we get to the end of the show where he links Cash’s Ring of Fire and the Beatles Hey Jude into an audience participation a cappella.

Yeah a fun night, would be looking at going again, no not Sunday nights gig but when he brings the rest of the band with him.
Pity you are unable to make but we can't go to everything sadly.

My mate also sent me last year a DVD of Electundra 2007. Very impressive. Held at a Melbourne venue called Loop. Are you aware of that festival?
4ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote