Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #333 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Well this is what third party developers need to realise.

Yes, Nintendo are trying to reach out to more casual players and so called "non gamers" with the Wii.

But at they same time, they have no intention of alienating gamers and hardcore Nintendo fans. As Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii and Brawl have all proven.

Kirby, Animal Crossing and Pikmin games for the Wii are already in the works. And theres also talk of a Star Fox game (if Nintendo didn't make a Star Fox game for the Wii, it would only be the biggest mistake ever). So Nintendo have by no means abandoned their fans, they know what they want.

And I think Nintendo understand perfectly that third parties helped make them the powerhouse they are today. They understand that Nintendo fans enjoy third party titles too, so they have done their best to get as many classic games on the virtual console as possible.

Nintendo's relationships with companies like Capcom, Konami and Square Enix have been on and off. But they know that their games sell, and they have contributed a lot to Nintendos success. I don't think Nintendo would reject a Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid for the Wii. If they know what's good for them (and I have enough reason to believe they do), they would market the hell out of such a game if it were to ever be available (exclusively) for the Wii.

On another subject. People really downplay the consoles graphics. No it's not on the level of it's competition, but saying it has bad graphics is wrong. Unless you think the Xbox had bad graphics too, because the Wii's graphical power is pretty much on par with that system, which was considered the most advanced system of the 6th gen consoles.

So is Wii really nothing more than 6th gen console posing as a 7th gen? In terms of it's processing power, yes. But PS2 is still the best selling console of all time. I don't think a consoles processing power has anything to do with it's quality (See: 3DO), it's the overall design and the software, and I think the Wii is doing just fine. It's already cracked the top 10 best selling consoles of all time, so calling it a failure is just ridiculous.

And for anyone who thinks otherwise, then I would sure like to know what your definition of failure is. Because the PS3 hasn't even outsold the Sega f*cking Saturn yet. And no, I'm NOT making that up.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote