Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #241 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
that's great. i supported operation desert storm since there was actually a reason to be fighting iraq. This time however, a war was started with no just cause and no real reason other than the fact that the US didn't like how the country was being run.
Do you think our actions in Bosnia were justified?

Quote:
That's not a reason. If that were a justifiable war the entire world would be at war with 30 odd countries at once.
Based on the intelligence available at the time, the war was justified. Bush even admitted that knowing what they do now the intelligence was wrong. If the Clinton administration had the sack, the war would have happened 10 years sooner. The invasion plans were drafted with slick willie in charge.

Quote:
I respect your military service, but the fact that you had a gun pointed at you doesn't make you any more of an authority on the subject as anyone else.
I never said it did, but living in a country bordering Iraq doesn't make you any more of an authority either. I asked where you were the 10 years before the war because there were diplomatic attempts to resolve the situation.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]