Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #249 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
Yes, clinton could have started the war earlier, but at the gulf war was sanctioned by the UN, and the US had no mandate to invade iraq, only to help push iraq out of kuwait, they would have been breaking the UN mandate and thus breaking international law. I dont think that would be called having "balls", i think that would be defined as a war crime.
Based on the number of times the 4th Infantry Division and 1st Cavalry Division were placed on alert to deploy to the "Persian Gulf" region, I'd say the plans were there. It would not have been a war crime. We were set to deploy every time that weapons inspectors were denied entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
edit: and yes, i do think that intervention in bosnia was justified. There was a genocide going on, and the UN was in total agreement that intervention was necessary. The war was NOT started under false pretenses, and it actually served to stop further genocide from happening.
There was also genocide going on in Iraq. That is the #1 reason I support the actions taken.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]