Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #250 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I don't see why its wrong for the government to create programs that are universally good and only benefit its people.
In theory it's great but the government is inherently corrupt. It's like letting a child grade their own work. If they know they can benefit from it and can not be punished most will skew the system in their own favor.

If the government didn't tax the wealthy so viscously and disproportionately there would be a lot more private sector philanthropy and programs like those, which we both agree would greatly benefit this and any country. The difference s with the government there to keep the people in check the systems are much more likely to run efficiently and become profitable for all parties.

We want the same end we just have a different approach to the means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread