Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #285 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

JJ, I've always admired your cynicism.
I feel like you're level-headed about a great many things and it really pains me to try to argue with you, but I have to admit I feel disappointed by your conviction on this topic. I know you're conservative and I have nothing against that, but there comes a time when you need to recognize what constitutes a warranted war. I don't enjoy political debate, especially ire-inducing and long-winded arguments like this, so I'm not going to tender details, but this sure represents a divergence from your sensible personality. I won't be able to change your beliefs anyways, no matter how hard I yell. The war in Iraq was just never something that I could endorse.

To Wendy: I've been against the war in Iraq since day one (yeah, I was that awesome in eighth grade) and I am consistently disappointed by the contrived endorsement of war by those that propose to be deeply religious. Using religion to condone actions which result in thousands of deaths is hypocrisy, no matter what reason you offer or how you look at it.