Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #309 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCal View Post
Gee, Jibber, to any intelligent person, the fact that the words 'plow shares' were in quotes would have been the first clue that it was an example. The dashes with some definitions/more examples would have clinched it, for the semi-intelligent.

Only the UNintelligent would have taken that to mean what it said, literally ~

everyone else would have realized that it was an example of a civil war, where the military has MUCH greater armaments, as well as strategies for fighting, than the citizens EVER will, regardless of whatever the citizenry is armed with.

[mumble, mumble] [mutter, mutter] Talk about a DUMBASS...!!! Cripes
Yes, the iraqi military has heavy artillery, but hundreds of resistance movements have been carried out against very well armed militaries, and been successful. You will never convince me or anyone else on this board that the sole reason iraqi's have not staged a MAJOR revolt was the lack of arms. Its the middle east, getting an automatic weapon is as easy as buying toothpaste, many times it's even easier.

It wasn't only that I was taking your post completely literally, I knew exactly what you were trying to say, I also knew that it was amazingly stupid.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER