Music Banter - View Single Post - Slate a band
Thread: Slate a band
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

im going with Guns n Roses. although i dont mind live and let die (which wasnt even theirs) i generally look upon GNR with such abhorrency. firstly, Axl Rose- sounds like a cat being kicked up the backside. he is an absolute arse who fleeced the rest of the band out of all of their undeserved earnings, he stil thinks he can create a masterpiece damn him. neext, slash. despite his obvious talent, he is NOT the best the world has ever seen in my opinion like soo many of my generation seem to think. sure he can do a mean solo but solo aint everything. anyway, he goes way over the top (note november rain outside the chapel hair blowing in the wind meaningful facial expression etc). thirdly, the rest of the band- who the ****? duff and matt- i only know of them because of velvet revolver. GNR's songs are nothing spectacular in my opinion. sweet child of mine, its ok. the riff makes it into a so called "classic" while the guitar solo is again over-indulgent. november rain- lets not go there. paradise city- catvhy while again, not amazing. welcome to the jungle- my heart sinks when i hear the intro to it. this hatred partly stems from my sister being obsessed with them. and i know you dont all agree but its just my personal opinion. btw, how a band can become legends on basically one good album and a mediocre double disk album baffles me. if thats the case, why arent the stone roses seen in a higher esteem? i know GNR made more records, but only two are of any real importance.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote