Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #137 (permalink)
miskit
breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
This is a preference based ideal though. Most new members are surreptitiously tested to ascertain their musical knowledge. It does indeed smack of elitism but we average 20 new posters a day and we are lucky if less than one stays the course.

We could be more welcoming I admit and could give newbies a longer period of grace.

One other point of note, we can usually separate the wheat from the chaff. If you have a musical opinion and it is reasoned well, we will notice it. So don't get scared off too easily!
i am pretty much new here, joined a while back but dont post everyday but read through the posts a lot. the whole reason i joined was because i AM NOT an expert or have the musical knowledge a few here do. but that is the reason i joined to broaden my horizons so to speak... (have always loved music almost made a career of it i love it so much)

and well not exactly the most welcoming place not exaclty the most helpful, though some are... and i am not a ****ing whiner or confrontational person like some here, but you asked i told...

and here we go.....