Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace87 View Post
i bet the NFL forced romeo's hand in this matter. first thursday night game of the season(2 slumping teams) and he is going to have 1 full day of practice. in addition, anderson had a pretty good game this past week.
Yeah but their season is pretty much over... Too many toughies to go 5-3 based on current form with inconsistent Anderson.

Anderson obviously wasn't the future, obviously enough at the end of last year, where he had a lot of very average games, and pretty much cost the Browns a playoff spot vs Cincy...

Though I am hearing people go on about how they could have gotten a 1st round or something if they traded at the end of last year. IMO keeping him was the best option at 2mil g, but they gave him a massive pay rise. If they traded him, and did well while Quinn stunk up the place, they would be getting trashed...

They gave Ando the chance, and pretty much got them out of playoff contention quite early (Along with fumble fingers Braylon )

I'm hoping Quinn does well for them though.. A solid half a year of practice before stepping up next year when they will hope to push with a new signed RB and hopefully some good additions to the front seven or Dbacks.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote