Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #604 (permalink)
Veronica Lodge
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I'm still to see solid evidence that the Beatles truly experimented in anything rather than simply expand (if that) on the current trends of the scene of the time. I'm sorry but I don't see them as trendsetters, especially not within the scene. Sure they motivated many to create bands, but simply because of the feeling that "hey, that's easy, and will make me rich without talent, awesome"
!!! I think you are confused.

You can't see SOLID evidence of experimentation? Dude, the Beatles have sold like, a trillion albums. Have you actually listened to the Beatles?

And the Beatles didn't motivate everyone to form bands to make money. They are responsible for inspiring people to write CAPTIVATING music.

One of the things that I like most about them is that they were evolutionary. They started out as this quirky little boy band singing songs of innocence. And the next day, they were high as hell, sing about LSD, and peace and love, and whatever.

I took music history in University (I'm a music major), and I ASSURE you, the Beatles have attributed tons more than the Stone ever have, and considering they are STILL touring, that's saying alot.

Yes, that IS what I said.