Music Banter - View Single Post - Air - Despite being French they are all that.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

air was great when they started out but i'd say their only must haves are 'moon safari' and '10 000Hz legend'. i caught them on their 10 000 Hz tour and it was a fantastic show. they're a surprisingly great live band, check out any live clip of 'people in the city' or 'la femme d'argent' as compared to the album versions.

the virgin suicide soundtrack is also quite good, especially the track 'dirty trip'. same with 'les premiers symptomes' although i wouldn't get either of these releases before the first two i mentioned.

i thought 'talkie walkie' was weak, it sounded like a safe rehash of 'moon safari' to my ears. i don't mind it so much now but when it first came out it was a big let down.

'city reading' and 'pocket symphony' were plain boring. at this point if i want something similar to their old style i go for 'zero 7' and if i'm looking for their more minimalist current style i go for 'boards of canada'.

i have to say i'm really disappointed with how this band turned out. they went from a great electro-psychedelic duo to a bland lounge act. who knows, they might still have something up their sleeves but i'm not holding my breath on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote