Music Banter - View Single Post - Big up a Band
Thread: Big up a Band
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
KingJen
Cute as a Button

Arrow Big up a Band

SO there's slate a band... so how about biggin' up your favourites? And yet again start a confrontation when people disagree on other peoples' opinions... *dances like a fairy*

And I'm gonna start...

I have many favourite bands, many that I would like to big up like... Radiohead being a big one...Muse, Bjork (technically not a band I know), Manic Street Preachers... I dunno... my minds gone blank. BUT. I think today I am going to big up... *drum roll* The Mars Volta.

I just get over how ****ing marvellous they are. Their music is so imaginative and experimental. I love it. Omar's voice, so full of passion, his words, so hard to decipher.
The tunes they produce... the guitar going crazy, the bass matching it harmoniously, the drums so flamboyant. Deloused at the Comatorium. Its them at their best. Tremulant EP, luuuuuuuuuuurve it. Frances the Mute.... I've only just got it.... But hearing The Widow, I'm sure its just going to be just as Spectacular as the the last.

People tell me they think they're ****e... because they can't make out one tune from the next,because the songs go on for too long... But thats music at its best! Thats the imagination flowing. People have just forgotten about the music. They think its all about the sales, how cute they are, how good their voice is. It's all silly. And thats why Mars Volta stand out to me, they do it coz they love the music.

I have finished rambling

Jen xx